Terms of Reference
Evidence to Policy Fellowship Program
The majority of health policies in Indonesia were created as a result of policymakers’ political goals, assumption and sometimes we hardly find a policy informed by evidence. Indonesia has 34 provinces within 514 local authorities; therefore, this large number could become a great barrier to decide which policy will be suitable for most subnational levels and what policy should be customize to local context. Understanding these reasons, CHPM have been establishing a network named Jaringan Kebijakan Kesehatan Indonesia (in English Translation “Indonesian Health Policy Network”) and aiming to support the subnational and local government and researchers. From our experience collaborating with another university or research centers, we found out that Indonesian Health researchers are struggling to provide evidence-informed policy recommendations and developing their strategy to engage with local stakeholders (policymakers). Based on these considerations, CHPM aims to establish a Policy Fellowship Program.
B. Purpose and learning objectives
CHPM aims to establish a Policy Fellowship Program with the following objectives:
- Promote evidence-informed policy to all fellow
- Build the capacity of selected fellows in producing quality policy research and analysis, as well as produce knowledge translation product.
C. Benefits of Program
|Home Institution of Mentee||
D. Eligibility Criteria
|Selected Policymaker should merit the following requirements:
||Selected Researchers should merit the following requirements:
E. Application Process
All potential participants should send their application that consists of:
- Statement of Interest, which including proposed planning essay (why should CHPM receive them as a fellow? What is their policy target? What is the priority topic to be coached?)
- Curriculum vitae including their competencies and experiences
- Letter of support from their employer/direct supervisor that state that they will allow the fellow to participate fully in the program
They should submit their application by using google form which be linked into:
F. Selection Process of Selected Mentees
G. Application Deadline
Application for fellowship will be announced from 13 July up to 24 July 2020. The whole program will be implemented 4 months which is between 13 July and 30 November 2020 from program implementation to fellowship graduation.
CHPM would like to acknowledge the team at Knowledge To Policy (K2P) Center for their technical support as part of the K2P Mentorship Program to CHPM institutions. CHPM admits the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research at the World Health Organization for financial support as part of Knowledge to Policy (K2P) Center Mentorship Program [BIRD Project].